TradeInvest Directorate of Investment Promotion is a single point of contact for investors and coordinates the investment application process. To help make investing in Timor-Leste easy, the Directorate of Investment Promotion liaises with government ministries, eases customs and import processes, and works through any challenges on the ground.
Companies who have obtained investor benefits in 2015, 2016 and 2017:
• Heineken Timor, S.A (Beverage Manufacturing)
• TL Cement, Lda (Cement Production)
• Palm Springs, Lda (Tourism)
• L & O Unipessoal Lda (Tourism)
• Banco Nacional Ultramarino (BNU), S.A. (Banking)
• Kaebauk Investimentu no Finanasa, S.A. (Credit Cooperative)
• Cladotis Fu Unipessoal Lda (Stock Feed Production)
• Happy Farm, Lda (Poultry Production)
• Acelda Unipessoal Lda (Candlenut oil Production)
• Tower Unipessoal Lda (Convention Centre)
• Stamford Medical, Lda (Medical)
• Consórcio Austim Beverages, S.A (Production and Bottling of Natural Mineral Waters)
TradeInvest facilitates companies in the administrative process to obtain benefits and incentives from the government through a Declaration of Benefit or Special Investment Agreement. Companies may be eligible for working visas, tax exemption and access to state land.
Investors granted government benefits contribute to the national economy, provide jobs, and introduce new technology, experience and skills to Timor-Leste.